Friday, May 10, 2013

Native Plants of California

California native plants are spectacularly colorful. I loved shooting some flowers two years ago at a wild flower show (http://hkroshan.blogspot.com/2011/04/native-flowers-of-california.html). The last year's show somehow missed my radar. Therefore, I marked my calendar two months before the show this year and made it a point to attend.

My wife and I reached the venue at 3:30 PM to learn that the show ended at 4 PM. Though the show wasn't that crowded, I had to navigate through some slow moving visitors in order to get good composition for my pictures. The light wasn't uniform all over the hall. I lost some time setting the right exposure for each picture too. It was indeed an adventure to shoot many flowers along with their nomenclature. I got the names of most of the plants, but for one blue colored wild flower.

Wind Poppy

Cliff Maids

 Silverpuffs

 A wild flower (what's the name of this flower?)

 Common Fiddleneck

Fivespot

Glassy Onion

Grand Hound's Tongue

Mosquito Bills

Narrow Leaved Onion

Platycarpo

Crofton Weed

Scouler's Catchfly



Venus Thistle


 Verity's Dudleya


No comments: